22 September 2015: Exploring users’ needs through a multidisciplinary approach: Human-Machine Interfaces in product design and development.
Venue: School of Engineering, UMinho
Local organizers: Pedro Arezes, UMinho
Introduction, Pedro Arezes (UMinho)
Keynote lecture #1
"The state of the art in ergonomics for Mobile Computing Technology"
, by Jack Dennerlein, Harvard Univ/Northeastern Univ
Discussant: Paulo Flores (UMinho), Martin Lavallière (MIT)
Presentation of PhD projects
- Wearable Technology Impact: study through the development of a sofy-orthotic device
, Carlos Gonçalves (UMinho)
- Development of an optrode for optogenetics applications
, Sandra Gonçalves (UMinho)
- An engineeting methodology to address kinesthetic and acoustic percept requirements in automotive product design
, Nuno Valverde (IST)
- Designing product-service system in the light of the service-logic
, Nina Costa (FEUP)
Discussant: Alexandre Silva (UMinho), Elsa Henriques (IST)
Keynote lecture #2
"Project HMI Excel - Bosch/UMinho"
, by João Monteiro e Sandra Mouta, University of Minho
Discussant: Pedro Arezes (UMinho)
Presentation of PhD projects:
- Production-Oriented and Robust Virtual Design and Experimental Validation of the Next Generation Automotive HUD and Augmented Reality Systems
, João Faria (UMinho)
- The use of advanced technologies on lifecycle assessment of infrastructures
, Bruno Gonçalves (UMinho)
- A Transdisciplinary Commitment for the Fuzzy Front-End: A Cross-Functional to Innovation
, João Figueiredo (FEUP)
- Product, tooling and process design in injection moulding
, Paulo Francisco (IST)
Discussant: Julio Viana (UMinho), Francisco Pires (FEUP)
Keynote lecture #3
Discussion of future challenges - "Age & Technology: at the intersection of human machine interface in vehicle"
, by Martin Lavallière, MIT AgeLab
Discussant: Alexandre Silva (UMinho), Marino Menozzi (ETH Zurich)
Keynote lecture #4
Discussion of future challenges - "Quantification of mental load in HMI"
, by Marino Menozzi, ETH - Zurich
Discussant: Júlio Viana (UMinho), Jack Dennerlein (Harvard/Northeastern Univ)